NYCPHP Meetup

NYPHP.org

[nycphp-talk] gift certificate codes

cliff cliff at pinestream.com
Wed Dec 7 09:16:00 EST 2005

Why would you need a third party? Security? Fault tolerance. Why not just
store gift certificate values & IDs in a table in the shopping cart? A
unique gift certificate row id can be easily turned into a hash. And InnoBD
can be used to ensure the integrity of balance transactions.

On Wed, 07 Dec 2005 08:33:42 -0500, Scott Mattocks wrote
> Marc Antony Vose wrote:
> > Hi there:
> >
> > I built and maintain a shopping site.  They've asked me to implement
> > a gift certificate feature, and I was wondering what strategies
> > people use to create gift certificate codes which can be emailed?
>
> Check with the payment gateway that you are using. Some of them have
> this type of thing already set up. You can use a slightly modified
> API to create and redeem the codes. I know that CyberSource offers
> gift certificates an I am sure that others do to.

http://www.cybersource.com/products_and_services/electronic_payments/gift_and
_prepaid_certificates/

--
Pinestream Communications, Inc.
Publisher of Semiconductor Times & Telecom Trends