NYCPHP Meetup

NYPHP.org

[nycphp-talk] re: Problem with MySQL UPDATE syntax - Update

Tony Furnivall tonyf at buffnet.net
Fri Jan 11 11:34:03 EST 2008

Yitzchak  suggested adding a quote to delimit a value - and it turns
out the solution was equally trivial.

I'm using a whole load of copied lines to build the query string, and
each one (one/field) had a comma at the end. I didn't notice it,
buried in the clutter, until I started adding a \n to each line.
Then, of course it stood out like a sore thumb on my trace.

Certainly my fault - but the gripe about the extremely useless syntax
message stands!

Thanks, as before, for the incredible support offered by this group!

Tony