NYCPHP Meetup

NYPHP.org

[nycphp-talk] heredoc help please?

-- rada -- radalapsker at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 30 16:22:43 EST 2008

Hello all,

Can anyone help me with heredoc?
I have this code:

<?php

echo <<<EOD

This is a heredoc test.

Test line 2.
    Test line 3 with tab.

EOD;
?>

(I am using PHP5 and zend for editor) and I am expecting to see output with line breaks. Can't see them though, no matter what I do. The heredoc just outputs everything on one line, like this:

This is a heredoc test.
Test line 2.
    Test line 3 with tab.

Any ideas? I do not have any extraneous characters around the delimiters. I also thought the problem might be the line break style of my editor (Zend)
but I tried everything: "\n", "\r\n", and "as-is" (whatever that is..)
and still no go.

Thanks for any help!
Rada Lapsker