NYCPHP Meetup

NYPHP.org

[nycphp-talk] PHP, Browser or MySQL Problem

PaulCheung paulcheung at tiscali.co.uk
Wed Mar 19 16:40:06 EDT 2008

Has anybody run across this before?

I am using three different browsers to test the same PHP scripts and MySQL
database. The application's scripts work by sharing/passing SESSIONS
variables.

Here is the problem, in one browser (Explorer) all works as expected and the
session variable named $_SESSION['access'] retains its integrity  However in
the other two browsers (Firefox & Opera) the $_SESSION['access'] variable is
corrupted - set to null

It just doesn't make any sense,  this session variable is filled in once
after user validation and from then on it is a read only session variable,
why works in one browser and not the others. all three browsers access the
the same scripts and same database.

I have really racked my brains on this one - Can anybody point me in the
right direction?

Paul