NYCPHP Meetup

NYPHP.org

[nycphp-talk] Monetizing Open Source Code

Kristina Anderson ka at kacomputerconsulting.com
Sat May 19 09:44:54 EDT 2012

Greetings, all!

For a while now I've been tossing an idea around in my head -- building
and maintaining a saleable open source product rather than doing hourly
consulting.  Specifically, a product in the CRM / marketing software
space, which I feel is under-served.

Does anyone have any experience with hooking up with business side people
to refine ideas, get their input, and obtain funding/business partners?

I've become increasingly disenchanted with hourly and per-project
consulting as the economic pressures increase (and increased economic
pressures are another reason why I think CRM/marketing is the area to go
with).  But, I'm not sure exactly how to go about making my dream come
true and look forward to any input.

On a side note, if anyone has any overflow work, please contact me off
list.  No reasonable offer refused. :)

Thanks guys.

Kristina

--
Kristina Anderson
PHP / MySQL / AJAX / etc / Systems Analyst / Programmer / Consultant