NYCPHP Meetup

NYPHP.org

[nycphp-talk] PHP Frameworks

Lester Leong lester.bleong at gmail.com
Thu Feb 7 10:09:09 EST 2013

I've used a little bit of Cake in the past but now am using CodeCharge for
production development in my company. It's a bit tight and restrictive, but
extremely, extremely fast and well-suited for complicated reports and grids
(ie, CRM, lists, etc) and other back-end functionality.

With that said, I'm looking at new frameworks for my own personal
development work, but other than Cake, I have no clue about any of the new
ones out there. Can anyone provide a good rundown of the popular frameworks
out there - ie, Laravel, CodeIgniter, Kohana, and the other ones Brent
mentioned above - based on their experiences? Like pros, cons, etc.